Leah here to talk you about further investigations that podiatrists conduct
OFTEN Podiatrists require further imaging of the foot to see exactly what's happening under the skin surface.
Imaging can be ordered for a variety of reasons including:
- In order to reach an exact diagnosis
- To determine the extent or severity of injury
- To monitor changes such as in osteo-arthritis
- To monitor growth and assess growth plates
- To rule out more serious pathology
- To aid in procedures such as cortisone injections
Podiatrists are able to refer for X-Ray, Ultrasound Scanning and Pathology where necessary to assist in accurate diagnosis of your concern.
Written by Leah Waters